Andrew began his career in Insolvency and Reconstruction in 1997 and joined the firm in 2011. He has a wealth of knowledge in Turnaround and Insolvency accounting experience in both personal and corporate insolvency matters. His expertise covers a wide range of industries, including the rural and agribusiness sectors, for which he has extensive knowledge and first hand experience.
Andrew has predominantly worked in the insolvency and reconstruction market, ranging from sole traders to ASX listed companies, together with acting as a Trustee in Bankruptcy and also as a Statutory Trustee for Sale. His career includes working overseas on several multi-national cross border insolvency matters in Europe and the Asia Pacific. In addition, he has acted as an Expert Witness in respect to insolvency related Court proceedings and he regularly prepares reports to financial institutions as an Investigating Accountant. Andrew is also an approved liquidator by Liquor & Gaming NSW in respect to Registered Clubs and also an approved liquidator under the CATSI Act.
Andrew has particular expertise in the following industries:
- Farming & Agribusiness
- Building & Construction
- Hospitality including Hotels, Clubs and Restaurants
- Manufacturing & Engineering
Key Career Highlights
- He was appointed as the Voluntary Administrator/Deed Administrator to a regional based charity and after reviewing its asset position and providing several options to a representative body of members, a Deed of Company Arrangement was proposed and subsequently accepted by creditors, which resulted in unsecured creditors being paid 100 cents in the dollar and the charity, with a new Board, continuing to be able to offer its services to the local community;
- Andrew successfully restructured, whilst it continued to trade via the Voluntary Administration process, a well known fashion designer, manufacturer and retailer who operated 216 stores within Australia and New Zealand plus online and who employed 1,170 full-time, part-time and casual employees. During the trade on period, the businesses and assets were marketed for sale as a going concern, which resulted in a successful sale, with the majority of the full time and part time employees accepting an offer of employment from the purchaser (resulting in a significant reduction of termination pay of several million dollars) allowing a dividend to be paid to unsecured creditors.
- Bachelor of Financial Administration from the University of New England
- Advanced Insolvency Law & Practice program from the University of Southern Queensland
- Fellow member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Registered Trustee in Bankruptcy
- Registered Liquidator
- Justice of the Peace of NSW
Memberships & Associations
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Andrew is a keen sportsman and still actively plays competitive Rugby Union, although he has an interest in most sports. Originally from the New England Region of Northern NSW, he enjoys travelling back ‘home’ when he can to catch up with family and friends.